Counselling & Faith-based Therapy
Do you feel frustrated with some aspect of your life? Struggling with anxiety, worry, depression, guilt, shame, anger, stress, or other negative emotion? Perhaps you want more fulfilling relationships or you want to change a bad habit?
Sometimes we are tired of feeling this way. Sometimes we just want more out of life. There's real hope for you!! Because the first step is recognizing your need, the second step you are taking right now, learning what you can do about it, and the third step is just a click away.
- Talk with someone about where you are right now and where you want to be.
- Find healing for your mind and soul without pressure to conform to someone else's ideas.
- Open up in a judgement free, safe, confidential environment.
This is an integrative, client-centered, cognitive approach to wellness using T.E.A.M. CBT (more on T.E.A.M. below) with one-on-one sessions via video conferencing. This integrative method includes person centered, CBT (cognitive behaviour therapy), and/or faith based counselling techniques. It works well for specific problems such as: depression, anxiety, relationship problems, addictions, procrastination, unmanaged stress, anger management, and social phobias. This style does not work well with those looking for a traditional approach to therapy, looking at their past in great detail, dream interpretation, those hoping to change their external environment rather than themselves, or those unwilling to put effort into the process.
Only available for those living in Canada. If you live outside of Canada, I can provide life coaching but not therapy due to licensing and legal reasons. To learn more about coaching vs counselling click here.
1. Video therapy has its limitations. There are certain restrictions such as doing certain therapy techniques, internet disconnection in the middle of an important moment, reduced non-verbal communication and so on, thus it is not for everyone. It is vital that during our sessions you are in a safe, distraction free location where you can’t be interrupted, and with strong internet signal. i.e. not in your car, a public place, taking care of your children. There are restrictions on doing certain techniques and it is not for everyone. If during intake it is clear video therapy is not for you, I will recommend you see a local therapist.
2. Counselling has certain ethical guidelines. Due to the nature of a counselling relationship, we can’t not have a dual relationship, that is any relationship outside of therapy. If you decide, after the phone consultation, you'd like to change from coaching to counselling or counseling to coaching we can do it during intake (the first one or two sessions). Once you sign a consent to therapy/coaching (a form you will receive at the end of intake, usually after the first or second session) we are committed to that relationship only.
Book a FREE 15 minute phone consultation today to see if working together would be right for you and if you should pursue coaching or counselling OR click here to learn more about our counselling services.
Angela Poch, CN, CMLC, Dip. APC (Diploma in Applied Psychology & Counselling, pending)
Certified Nutritionist, Certified Master Life Coach, and Level 1 TEAM-CBT counsellor and faith-based therapist. Note: As an entry level counsellor I may refer you to someone with the tools you need if I'm not qualified to work with you.