A comprehensive program aimed at Christians (but open to all faiths) who would like to teach others how to live healthy and guide them through challenges and goal setting. Combines nutritional counseling and life coaching into one powerful package.
This course is all about how to become a health coach. You will learn the foundation of coaching and get the tools needed to become an effective health coach. Not sure if you have the skills, worried about how to work with various people, concerned about all the conflicting information on health and how you’ll pick what to share with people? Don’t worry, we’ll help you will all of these questions.
The course is laid out with the education, skills, and character traits do you need. You’ll learn how to communicate more effectively and understand different personalities. As you apply what you learn, you will be more proficient in active listening and using appropriate questions guiding your clients to make positive lifestyle choices and goals that will improve their quality of life and mental wellbeing. We offer a certificate of completion for those who score 80% or more on the final quiz.
Who should take this course:
- Those who would like to become a health coach.
- All health workers of any kind.
- All health ministry leaders.
- Pastors & Spiritual leaders.
- Those who want to use health as an outreach tool.
- Anyone who wants to share Jesus and has empathy for others.
What you will be able to after this course:
- Be an effective health coach using the Ministry of Healing as your guide.
- Show people how to prevent or delay the top 5 causes of death.
- Develop your own health coaching program.
- Lead clients to make positive lifestyle changes.
- Help clients develop their own goals.
- Work with client’s challenges to goal formation or accomplishment.
- Combine spiritual, mental, and physical well being.
- Marry coaching and consulting in a good ratio to be effective.
- Teach others how to have a healthy lifestyle.
- Guide clients through the process of sickness to health.
Many of the lessons have a mental or spiritual focus. Why? Science has proven the mind is more powerful than any other single influence over our bodies. The textbook for this course is called the Ministry of Healing, which is from a creation perspective, and it uses references to the Bible. I believe creation has scientific merit just as much as evolution, since neither can be reproduced in a lab, they are both are theories, based on inference and observation of the past as viewed from our current period. This course is not intended to be specific to any one religion, and anyone open to spiritual matters, regardless of denomination, will benefit, as 90% of the material is adaptable to any faith in a loving creator God or higher power. The other 10% is specific to Christianity, take or leave it as you will. So, keep in mind before you take this course, I will talk a lot about God.
We have free videos in each section, so you can scroll through the table of contents to watch those to see if this program is right for you. Any lesson without the closed lock you can watch without purchasing the course including the summary. I suggest you start with the introduction lesson and summary, both are free with no obligation so watch them right now!
This advanced course is NOT part of our monthly subscription, however, those who sign up get access to several other courses which are included in this program. Note for SDA health ministry leaders below.
This is the order I recommend you watch the videos:
- Optimal Health
- In His Image - basic physiology course
- How to Become a Health Coach Program (this program)
- Nutrition 4 Optimal Health
- Home Remedies & Hydrotherapy
- Stress Management
- How to Become a Vegan, Vegetarian, or Flexitarian
Note to: Seventh-day Adventists
This course not only gives you tools to work with others, there is no other model that can be as effective in terms of soul winning, as one combined with health outreach.
If you are a health ministry leader you can take this course free, please contact me: email@example.com
The health message, the Right Arm of the gospel, is not just to prolong people’s lives and make them healthy, but to convert their souls. It is a tool of evangelism and we use a tool to fix a problem not just to tinker around. I recommend you can follow along with your own hard copy of Ministry of Healing but we will provide a free PDF copy in the first lesson. I do recommend you get a physical book and underline/highlight key portions that speak to you. You can also write notes in the margins and this will help you to apply what you learn more effectively. It helps us remember better and absorb critical concepts. When you use the book as a tool to learn instead of simply reading it, you’ll find it so much more powerful since there is power in God’s word as we apply it to our lives. Of course, there we’ve also adding several lessons relating specifically to coaching as well, so this course does not always follow the book exactly step by step.